Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Friday 4 January 2008

New Year Goal

I haven't got a lot of time today because my parents in law are visiting us but I thought I ought to get my first post of the year in before the end of the first week.

My husband is self employed so every quarter we do a quarterly review where we look at the good points and bad points of where the business is, what progress we have made, where we would like the business to be in the longer term and what we aim to do in the next three months. When I was employed in my first "proper" job I also had a quarterly review where I discussed with my manager how I was getting on and what projects/training I would do in the coming months.

So rather than setting goals for 2008 I am going to start doing quarterly reviews. I think it will be more useful for me as it means I will (hopefully) be encouraged when I review the progress I have made and setting shorter term targets rather than ones for the whole year should make them feel more manageable and achievable.

Of course I will pray about it but I will also make myself accountable by discussing them with my husband and posting them on here. If you want to join me in doing quarterly reviews then do past a link to yours in the comments box.

I aim to do my first review by the end of January.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ashamed to say that I am DUMB when it comes to HTML and Javascript and all that stuff. I am pretty gaood at adapting and have picked up on some stuff but after all I am still a beginner.
I need to learn a little bit more to understand it all.

Jimena said...

That sounds like a great idea. I don't have any new years resolutions, but there are many things as far as homemaking goes that I know I could work on and would like to be held accountable for. I'll have to think about some realistic goals...

The pictures of baby in the snow are so cute, I can tell she enjoyed it :)

Post a Comment

"For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether." ~ Psalm 139:4

Comments are now moderated due to spammers. If you wish to make a private comment or you would like to leave a comment but are unable to do so, please feel free to use my contact form near the top right of my blog.

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP