Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Thursday 17 April 2008

Why "Sinner Saved"?

Why did I choose the title "Sinner Saved" for my blog?

The most important thing about me is that I am a sinner and I am saved.

Being a sinner is not unusual - we are all sinners. Before I was a Christian, I didn't think I was a sinner. Admittedly I didn't think I was "good" - I knew I wasn't perfect but I thought that I was "good enough" to go to heaven. After all I wasn't a murder or anything so I had to be good enough didn't I? Wrong.


"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God"

Romans 3v23


Once I had become a Christian I knew that I was a sinner. But, along with the knowledge that I was a sinner came the gift of salvation. I am too sinful to earn a place in heaven. I could not even come close. But I am saved by God's grace through faith in Jesus Christ.


"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God"


Christ lived a perfect life and died on the cross to take the punishment which I deserved for my sin. Thanks to his sacrifice I am saved. Whoever believes in him will be saved.



That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John3v15


Being saved does not stop me from sinning. I am no less a sinner now that I am saved. So my blog title reminds me of the two most important things about me:


  • I am a sinner.
  • I have been saved.

5 comments:

Toni said...

Praise God for His grace!!What a wonderful post!!I`ve been catching up on some of your blog posts.My gosh,I can`t believe you`ve been without a washing machine!I don`t know how I would manage without mine!When you mentioned the grease marks I remembered that our dryer broke a long time ago and we would get grease marks on our clothes.
I`m glad you got most of the stains out though!What a great tip!I`ll have to remember that!Have a blessed day!!

Jimena said...

Thank you for sharing... it was very encouraging for me to read this this morning... reminds me of a dream I once had where I believe God showed me why I needed salvation... even if I hadn't killed someone!

Thanks again!

kritterc said...

Romans 3:23 was one of the first Bible verses I memorized in Sunday School. Love your blog site. I have actually visited it several times. I always enjoy reading your posts. Peace and Blessings.

Stacy said...

Great post =D Oh and i like your idea about a fixer upper. You can still make it a dream house, with out the stress of building. Your one smart chick-a-dee!

Buffy said...

Yes, your blog title says it all!

I look forward to reading your reviews of The Woman in White and/or Far from the Madding Crowd.

Glad to hear you will not be without a good washing machine for long.

Post a Comment

"For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether." ~ Psalm 139:4

Comments are now moderated due to spammers. If you wish to make a private comment or you would like to leave a comment but are unable to do so, please feel free to use my contact form near the top right of my blog.

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP