Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday 25 March 2008

Blog Purpose

I've been inspired by more than one blog I read to write a bit about the purpose of my blog.

This blog is a reflection of my life. The most important thing in my life is being a Christian and I hope both to be a witness to unbelievers and be an encouragement to fellow believers. I am also a wife, mother and homemaker trying to live up to the standards set in Titus 2 and Proverbs 31. (Of course I am nowhere near the high standards set in the Bible but I must continue to work towards them.) I hope that by sharing with others about what I am doing, I can be an encouragement to them.

To my suprise I have also found blogging to be helpful to myself. Firstly, I am encouraged and helped by those who read and comment on my blog. Secondly, writing about these things for an audience helps me to think things through in a more clear and organised way. Thirdly, I find that writing about what I have done for other people to read helps me to be more organised and get more done. I never expected these benefits but I guess God had planned it this way.)

So I guess the purpose of this blog is to share the outworking of my faith in my life for the mutual benefit and encouragement of myself and my readers.

3 comments:

Jimena said...

Thank you for sharing. I do indeed get encouraged when I read about what you have been doing. I feel like I am so far away from being able to do some of the things that you do, but it does encourage me. Hope you are having a blessed week in the Lord.

Buffy said...

It's wonderful the range of breadth of subjects a blog can cover. And for that matter the different purposes. I really do concur with your thoughts. I like it when a blog post challenges me, or gives me new ideas but sometimes its good just to hear what people half-way across the world are doing and thinking!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comments, I find it amazing that I can be a help and encouragement to tohers and really do feel like I've got out far more than I've put in.

Post a Comment

"For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether." ~ Psalm 139:4

Comments are now moderated due to spammers. If you wish to make a private comment or you would like to leave a comment but are unable to do so, please feel free to use my contact form near the top right of my blog.

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP