Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Wednesday 19 March 2008

Baking etc.

I've just finished baking the bread I made yesterday and I've made some hot cross buns ready to bake tomorrow. I ended up with more mixture than I expected so instead of making one batch of buns and one loaf I've ended up with two loaves plus a batch of buns. I'll see how they turn out and if they come out okay then I'll post the recipe.

I also managed to get a bit of tidying done in the kitchen today. Our council has just started doing kerbside recycling of plastic and cardboard so I decided it was time to get rid of some of the boxes and cartons I've been keeping "just in case" they are useful. I manages to reduce the stuff from two boxes to one box (it includes cling film, tin foil, sandwich bags etc. too) which freed up a box to store oats in so now my wheat and flour has a box all to itself. This is good as it means it's easy to tell whether we've run out.

I've ordered a fermenting bin from here so hopefully soon I can brew kombucha. I intend to brew by the continuous fermentation method as this is more beneficial, produces more consistent results, and is easier than the batch method.

I've got various posts in the pipe line but probably won't have a lot of time to write them in the next few days as we'll be seeing different parts of the family over the bank holiday weekend so won't be posting again before Tuesday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether." ~ Psalm 139:4

Comments are now moderated due to spammers. If you wish to make a private comment or you would like to leave a comment but are unable to do so, please feel free to use my contact form near the top right of my blog.

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP